1.11.2010

01.11.10 - Fight Gone Bad (Rx)

5 stations as prescribed (Rx):

Wall Ball (14#)
Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (55#)
Box Jump (16")
Push Press (55#)
Row

1 minute per station on a continuous clock, resting 1 minute after all 5 stations complete. Total of 17 minutes, 5 on/1 rest/5 on/1 rest/5 on. Count total number of reps, using calories burned for Row.
Watch video here. This is a great one to see and hear the history behind the development of this this WOD.

Total Reps: 171
Comments: This was the first WOD I have done that was not scaled and it was really rough. I have never done a Wall Ball workout with more than 10# and I could definitely tell a difference – I would have said previously that I really liked Wall Balls. I finished almost two hours ago and my face is still pink. Definitely had to pause, bend over and rest my arms on my knees multiple times. I think this was a baseline workout for the people doing the Paleo Challenge, so we'll get to do this one again at some point over the next 8 weeks. Can't wait.

Favorite to least favorite: Push Press (17 max), Sumo (10 max), Row (12), Wall Ball/Box Jump (19/10 max) tie for last. Box jumping still terrifies me.

No comments: