1.23.2010

01.23.10 - 500 Meter Row

Time: 1:47.2

Comments: I am pleased.

My heart was pounding before I began, but then I just went. When the time was only at 0:28 I couldn't believe it. I watched it slowly click to :30 and got kinda panicked. Had a burning in the muscle over my knees, but nothing else was really registering in particular – shock? Afterwords it did, in that everything was "zooming" under my skin on my arms and legs. I don't know how else to describe it? Then it felt like two pool balls were starting to grow on either side of my ass by those "butt bones", but that sensation stopped pretty quick. Then I just walked around and gulped air and tried to drink some water and coughed for about 15 minutes. Katy was a SPECTACULAR cheerleader.

I started with a standard ACF warm-up and some extra time on the rower.

BONUS: I beat Brad's (1:51.1), which was my unofficial official goal. He'd never rowed before and had no technique, even falling off at one point, and bouncing the machine around on the floor, so I know it's short lived. But until he gets on it again I can claim victory over him in this one physical challenge.

Lindsey took my measurements after. I will take them again at the end of February, just to see.

No comments: