4.12.2010

04.12.10 - Do you Crossfit?

5 Rounds for Time:

500m Row
400m Run
Rest 90 Seconds

Checkout: 100 Wall Balls (20/14#)

Time: 30:44 (4:50/6:25/6:25/6:20/6:24)
Comments: Back at the box after a 12-day hiatus. No bueno. This actually was a pretty good one to go back with. Running/Rowing. Don't tell anyone, but we ditched out on the checkout...

What kept sticking in my head was the message that accompanied the workout on the website this morning. Things like "Step out of your comfort zone" and "push yourself to 110%". I really tried to go as fast as I could, but that wasn't very fast I'm afraid. I tried to keep my rows under 2:00 average, not going over 2:10. The running killed me, especially hearing Katy's footsteps getting closer and closer and catching me each round.

There was also a quote from the (I think) inventor of Crossfit, Coach Glassman:

"Performance is directly correlated with intensity. Intensity is directly correlated with discomfort."

I was definitely 100% uncomfortable, so I must have been doing something right. Solid, 30-min. workout. Nice to be working with Tim again. Held some decent 10-sec+ headstands in Warm-up #2.

No comments: