4.23.2010

04.23.10 - CFit at SC (Alt)

ACF WOD: Hundo's
(100 Burpees, 100 Wall Balls, 100 Box Jumps)

100 Burpees hurt my feelings when I saw it. I went over possible scales and racked my brain for a way to wrap my head around how I'd get through it. I remember doing 40 straight burpees in a workout so vividly the idea of 100 broke me. But I REALLY wanted to get 4 workouts in this week. So tonight I got back in the pool for the first time since I started Crossfit, and thanks to an article I found months ago written by Tim, completed my 4th WOD this week!

Swimming WOD:

200m Kick
200m Pull
200m Pull with Paddles
200m Paddles
200m Paddles and Fins
200m Fins
200m Swim

Time: 23:15
Comments: Flanked the workout with a 200 warm-up and cool down. That was a lot of swimming with paddles. Holy triceps/shoulders. Averaged about 3:15 per 200 with the only rest in between being transitioning "equipment". I really wanted to keep the intensity up to match a true workout at the gym. I think I did a pretty decent job? My last recorded time for a 200 in a legitimate race was 2:28, so I figure swimming basically a straight 1400 at a 3:15 average/200 isn't bad, especially since I hadn't been in the water for 6 months. I actually felt pretty strong and good overall, and I loved approaching a swim set with same mentality I've adapted for our regular workouts. Keep going. Swim as fast as you can. I can't wait to do this again and I loved this set!

Disclaimer: I actually swam yards, not meters, but in an attempt to keep things relative have used the meter as my unit of measure. Close enough.

No comments: