4.14.2010

04.14.10 - The Deadlift

For total time:

1 x 20 @ 1.5x Body Weight
Rest 3 minutes
1 x 20 @ Body Weight
Rest 3 minutes
1 x 20 @ 3/4 Body Weight

Checkout: 30 Partner Bar-Ups

Time: 10:25
Comments: Since there's no way in hell I could lift 1.5x my body weight at this point, I was allowed to scale to 80% of my 1 rep max (185#). Not so good at math, I went for 145/125/95# for the three sets. I thought that was close. I really should have spent some time stretching after this one. Why do I forget to do that? I can already feel it on top of the all-over soreness/fatigue I'm feeling being back in the gym 3 days in a row* after that time off. Yikes.

Vance and I partnered for the bar-ups and used the 15# bar for the first 10, then scaled it to a PVC pipe with a 5# plate between our hands for the rest. Pretty sure I wasn't doing this right because my abs felt way less engaged than my arms(!) and my legs, feet weighted down. Oh well. I wanted to skip this entirely so at least I tried it!

*Not sure I've done 3 in a row before? But I'd really like to step it up to 4 days/week. Glad I went tonight.

No comments: