3.15.2010

03.15.10 - Madness

2 Rounds for Time:

500m Row
15 Toes to Bar
500m Row
15 Overhead Squat (95/65#)
500m Row
15 Man Makers

Time: 33:17
Comments: Man Makers*. Dang. I used 20# DBs on this one last time and scaled it to 15 this go around. Also took the overhead down to 45#. In all honesty, I probably should have done 55# – but I was seriously afraid when I saw Vance doing this before us. What a bad ass she is – using 65# for squats and 25# dumb bells! Holy crap. And I also gave considerable thought to the toes to bar and a way to scale it. Rather than doing the best we could (yikes) wouldn't a better "full range of motion" be to lay on the ground hands over head and bring toes to touch your hands? Just wondering. Also, double warm-ups seem to be the norm now, so I will quit mentioning the extra drills we're running before we get started. With practice, I may be able to pull these off successfully by about 2012.

In other news: Signed up for the Warrior Dash today!

*Very quite possibly my least favorite of all we do at the box. SO BAD, I almost kinda like them.

No comments: