2.03.2010

02.03.10 - 1 Row 2

10 Burpees
20 Dumbbell Push Press (45/30#)
30 Pull-ups
40 Sit-ups

2 Rounds

2000m Row

2 More Rounds of the MetCon*

Time: 38:54 (Row 9:55)
Comments: This. Was. The WORST. One. Yet.
I mean, along with box jumps, burpees are my most disliked exercise at Crossfit and tonight it was my favorite part of the workout because there were only 10 of them per round. Used 15# dumbbells** on the push press, and these were the second worst part. Worst? The friggin' pull-ups! Getting to 30 sometimes 1, 2 at a time? FOUR times? Horrible even with the fat grey band***. When I sat down at the rower I thought, There is absolutely no way, and also, No way to quit. I just rowed. And rowed. And tried to catch my breath. And thought about how thirsty I was. And tried not to think about what was ahead of me... 2 more rounds... now fully exhausted. Each set of exercises I tried to break down into 5s. This really messed with my ability to keep count, because I was basically delirious. Got really confused during one set of pull-ups and one set of sit-ups.

Seriously afterward? I couldn't even get dressed. One hand would go in my sweatshirt sleeve, and I would have to take a rest and just stand there and space out. Same with my coat. It's almost 8 and I can't even imagine eating dinner. Honestly I don't even know if I can watch TV.

*Is this a MetCon? I forget? Are most of the WODs MetCons?
** Was the push press Rx'd? Or was it supposed to be 30# in each hand? No. Way.
***One light thru the dark, dark forest were the two times I actually got into a sort of kipping rhythm (total fluke I couldn't make it happen when I tried) and was able to crank out maybe 10 at a time.

No comments: