5.07.2010

05.07.10 - TGI Almost Saturday

Handstands
Double Unders

Comments: Last day of active rest week. We worked on handstand progressions. I can do a solid head stand and learned how to "approach" the handstand (arms overhead) that made the movement a little better. Hand stands are funny to me in that sometimes I can totally do them and sometimes I totally suck. No real rhyme or reason. Maybe I should clarify that some DAYS I can, some I can't.

Liked the jump rope progression. Likewise with the jump rope, I have on and off days. I can usually kinda do a 1-single, 1-double rhythm, but not doubles consecutively. Well tonight I did 3 double unders in a row. My form totally sucked, but I got 3. In Jr. High we had a dedicated rope jumping unit in PE. I was pretty good at it in like, 7th grade. Our "final" was to make up a routine. Double unders, cross-overs front and backwards, slalom. We also did it during dry land swim practice back in the day as a way to improve our reaction off the block (or something...). So I have it in me, but I definitely need to practice. That's a couple years ago after all – :).

No comments: