10.05.2011

10.04.11 - Run, Wall Balls, Burpees

Double Under Practice
20 Sets of Pistols/each leg

4 Rounds for Time:
400m Run
15 2-for-1 Wall Balls/Sub 30 WBs (20/14#)
15 Burpees

Time: 21:38
Comments: Double Under's weren't mentioned on the blog. DUs, like pistols and handstands, I don't give a rat's ass I can't do. I'm still nervous about crashing down on the ball of my foot after that pain I had back when. So I turned some easy singles, and was shocked when I was able to throw in some DUs, too. I haven't attempted one in a really long time. I can usually pull one off, but I can't string them together. I even did do a couple single-double-singles in a row tho. Terry made me move from a 24" box to a bench on the pistols. I was quite enjoying the 24" box however, because rather than crashing down to it I was actually controlling the movement, just kissing the box, and standing back up. But whatever. When I couldn't get up off the bench he had me add an ab mat. It was funny because I could sort of do the left leg, but I couldn't really rise back up off the right leg. Weak right side! I will be sore from trying this tho – I think it's just currently dormant.

On to the WOD. I knew this was going to be a bad one even before I saw Emily O. finishing hers when I arrived and saw how flushed and tired she looked. She never looks flushed and tired. When I saw her outside during the run and said, How ya doin?, she responded, I've been better. She never says stuff like that. Oh well, so then they said the scale was to do 30 WBs. All along I'd been figuring I'd just do 15 regulars. That's what I stuck with (@10#). I also went to 10 burpees instead of 15. It felt wimpy but here's what I learned: I'm not a wimp – and I'm pretty smart. Even with this scale, I was still the second to the last to finish while sticking more or less with the group. Fell way behind running but with my lower numbers could sort of catch back up during WBs/burpees. 22 minutes of torture. It's been a long time since I've had a wrap-around full-torso cramp. They hurt bad.

No comments: