6.18.2010

06.18.10 - Freddy's Revenge

1-1-1-1-1 Squat Clean for Max

Freddy's Revenge

5 Rounds for Time:
5 Overhead Anyhow*
10 Burpees

*Get weight from shoulders to overhead anyhow – shoulder press, push press, push jerk, split jerk, front or back. Use rack.

Rx: 185#/105#
Int: 155#/85#
Beg: 115#/55#

1RM: 105#
Time: 9:03
Comments: Went down to do my push-ups during warm up and realized I pulled something very specifically in my stomach. It hurt! Tried a burpee. It hurt! Shit. So I didn't push myself too hard today. I was going to go for the 85# but was scared I'd hurt myself more (when I raised the bar, it hurt!). I did find that the more burpees I did, the less painful it was, but that could have just been overall pain distribution masking it's intensity.

The squat clean was kind of a disaster as the whole time I was confusing it with a power clean. Rather than barely lifting the bar and shooting under it, I was pulling the bar way up and then catching it in a squat I think? I don't know if this number should count in my list, but I'm writing it down anyway. The more I think about it, this was one we learned in Basic that I never quite got the gist of. Mark explained after that I should be lazier with the initial lift, and throw myself under it. His demonstration helped me see the error of my ways. I need to try this again before too much time goes by and I forget everything. Thanks Mark!

Warrior Dash on Sunday!

No comments: